Welcome to the Cattaraugus County Historical Museum and Research Library website. The Museum & Library are county owned and operated, specializing in the history of Cattaraugus County, NY.
We invite you to take a look around the site and visit us in person in Machias, New York.
Books for Sale
We have a FREE booklet available at the Museum, entitled "A Guide to Family History Research, Cattaraugus County, New York". This booklet is full of information on who, how, and what to contact when you are looking for information on your family history. It can also be viewed online here.
We also have books for sale at the Museum too!
- Bicentennial History 1808-2008 of Cattaraugus County $20.00
- A Guide to Burial Sites, Cemeteries & Random Stones in Cattaraugus County $40.00
Cattaraugus County History and Census Comparisons: 1808 to 1995-96 $ 5.00
- Brothers, Heroes, Martyrs by Mark Dunkelman $ 5.00
Crawford Cemetery Book (Salamanca, NY) $10.00
- Ellicott Street Cemetery (Great Valley, NY) $ 5.00
Freedom Bicentennial 1811-2011 $10.00
- Memoir of Olivia $10.00
- Of a Boy & His Valley by Arnold Cook $10.00
- Portville: Goes to War $20.00
- Portville: Colonel Lewis Warner $ 6.50
- Portville: A History of Farming $10.00
- Portville: Amos Humiston Day Commemoration $ 1.00
Portville: Practical Receipts $10.00
All the above available for review in the research room of the Cattaraugus County Museum. Limited quantities. Postage additional.