Our Tourism office promotes the activities, attractions, eateries, lodgings, points of interest (POIs) and other tourism-related assets of Cattaraugus County, the Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State. Our services are free to visitors and tourism-related organizations and businesses.
Why promote Cattaraugus County as the Enchanted Mountains?
The name originated in this region of New York many decades ago (possibly by "Yum" Anderson of Olean, NY). If you grew up in the country here, then you'll know of the beautiful views that we may take for granted at times. We know that we don't have the mountains of the Adirondacks or the Rocky Mountains, but we have rolling foot hills of the Appalachian Mountains.
Using the Enchanted Mountains name
We love it when people use the name "Enchanted Mountains". People say we're in the Enchanted Mountains. For your use online, here are some logos and badges for the EM. See Referencing the Enchanted Mountains.
We are the Tourism Promotion Agency(TPA) or Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Cattaraugus County.
We will list qualifying organizations and points of interest on:
- the Enchanted Mountains website, EnchantedMountains.com
- the I Love New York, Tourism website, ILoveNY.com
Attraction & Event Promotion and Activities Marketing
We assist businesses and organizations with promoting their Cattaraugus County destinations and events. We do this through our website EnchantedMountains.com, social media networks, assist you with press releases and may in print or digital advertising. Another way we do this is with brochure racks and digital display systems (slide show kiosks) around the county that show activities and upcoming events to entice visitors to attend.
Get Listed on our Website
- Do a search for your business on EnchantedMountains.com
- If you didn't find your business, organization or other point of interest then please fill out the submit a location form.
- We'll then contact you in regards to your request.
- Please note that we have even more websites that your organization / business may be listed on too!
We distribute guides and brochures throughout Cattaraugus County and about 300 miles beyond.
Friends and Family to Visit
Do you have Friends and Family coming in to visit you in Cattaraugus County?
- send you or your friends and family the Cattaraugus County Activities Guide by mail
- send them a welcome email with helpful links
- call them and chat with them about their travel interests
Publications & Literature
Enchanted Mountains Activities Guide
We produce the Official Activities Guide for the Enchanted Mountains Region (Cattaraugus County).
Ads in the Activities Guide
The Activities Guide is NOT filled with ads. We match most ads in the section of the Activities Guide in which they'll be most effective for you and helpful to the visitor.
Here is a short list of some of the informational materials we produce:
- Enchanted Mountains Map
- Ag Trail brochure & map
- Allegany State Park brochure & map
- Amish Trail brochure & map
- Antiques and History brochure & map
- Horse Trails / Equestrian brochure & maps
- Ride Guide brochure & maps
- Snowmobile Trails brochure & map
- Underground Railroad brochure & map
- Geocache booklets
Businesses in Cattaraugus County
If you have an idea for a great spot for a brochure rack, display system or outdoor kiosk in your neighborhood then please contact Tourism.
If you have promotional materials that you would like distributed then please contact Tourism.
Free Display System / Brochure Rack
Would you like to help promote what there is to do in the Enchanted Mountains with a free brochure rack or digital display system? If you would like to have a counter display, brochure rack or digital display in your organization then please contact Tourism.
NYS Tourism Region
Cattaraugus County is part of the Chautauqua-Allegheny Region of New York State.
We also work on the following websites:
- AmishTrail.com - A website for our big Amish Community
- HistoricPath.com - A website which our Historians work on
- AgCatt.com - A website for farmers in Catt. County
- and more!
Send us a question using the Enchanted Mountains contact form or call us.
Samantha Hayes, Tourism Specialist, 716-938-2307
Danna Scharf, Social Media & Digital Content Assistant, 716-938-2312