Need Help? Need someone to talk to?
Call the OGH 24 Hour Crisis Hotline 1-800-339-5209
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
Text "Hello" or "Got5" to 741741
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 8, 2021: Due to the increase in positive COVID 19 cases, for the safety of our clients, staff, and community, Foundations for Change PROS program will be providing telehealth services starting 1/8/2021 and returning to in person services on 1/25/2021. We will offer limited in-person appointments during this time for medication management/injections, blood work, crisis appointments, and individual therapy, based on need.
Please contact 716-373-8080 if you need to schedule an appointment.
6-29-2020: UPDATED ANNOUNCEMENT for immediate release from the Cattaraugus County Department of Community Services
Due to the events surrounding the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, the Cattaraugus County Department of Community Services has changed some of the ways in which we are serving the public.
Each program is taking appropriate measures to continue to provide viable services for individuals within the community, while following the guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the New York State Office of Mental Health (NYS OMH) and the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH).
If you or someone you know is in crisis, please contact us at 716-373-8040, the OGH Crisis Hotline at 1-800-339-5209, or the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
The Counseling Center
Starting July 6, 2020, the Clinic offices will re-open with all staff on-site providing in person visits and all hours for each clinic office will return to regularly scheduled times.
The Counseling Center is taking all appropriate measures to ensure the safety and health of our staff and clients. Please note the following when you come for your appointments.
All clients will be required to wear a mask during their time at any clinic office. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. If you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons, please contact our clinics prior to your appointment so that accommodations can be made for your safety and the safety of those around you.
Please expect that you will have your temperature taken upon arrival at each office location. If you have a fever, you will be asked to reschedule and return home until you have been fever free for 48 hours. If you are in crisis and you have a fever, please contact our offices.
In order to minimize the number of individuals that are coming into our offices, we are asking that independent adults come alone to their appointments and those adults that require assistance come with only 1 additional person. Only 1 parent or guardian should come with children under 18 yrs old. If a sibling has an appointment around the same time, it is permissible for that child to come as well. However, we are asking that no other children or individuals should come to that appointment.
Please do not come earlier than 15 min prior to your appointment. If you do, we will not be able to check you in and will ask that you wait in designated areas or in your vehicles until check in is available.
The capacity of our waiting rooms will be at 50% of the normal capacity, and we will be asking people at Olean and Salamanca to wait, with a pager in designated areas at each site. Please note that if you are seen at CAReS or the Olean Medical Group offices you will need to follow the procedures of those locations.
Please note that our appointment times have shifted slightly in order to allow our staff to disinfect offices between appointments. Anyone who has had their appointments changed will be notified.
Finally, we are asking anyone who does not have an appointment, including other agency providers, to call our offices in lieu of coming in. We will make every effort to assist you without having you come to the office. We will continue to do any provider meetings virtually and limit the number of people coming in and out of our offices to staff and individuals receiving services only.
PROS- Foundations for Change
PROS will continue to provide the same services that they have throughout this pandemic. They are taking the appropriate measures to ensure safety for all clients and staff. For individuals who are returning to program, please note the following:
- Please speak with your counselor and/or the Program Director prior to returning;
- Upon arrival at program you will be asked health questions related to COVID 19 and have your temperature taken. If you have a fever, we will ask you to return home and you can return to program once you no longer have a fever;
- You will be expected to wear a mask or face covering, except during lunch;
- We ask that you arrive at most 15 min prior to your appointment time, no earlier, and that you leave after your last appointment for the day;
- We ask that you respect others by social distancing (6ft distance) while in program; and
- We ask that you please following these guidelines for lunch:
- Only 1 person in lunch line at a time,
- Eat only in designated seating.
If you have any questions regarding services or these procedures, please call 716-373-8080.
Adult/Children’s Care Coordinators and Mobile Transitional Support Team
- Staff are all working on site at this time, but the 212 Laurens Street location remains temporarily closed to the public. Appointments will be made only when necessary at this time, but staff are currently working to schedule face to face, in person, contacts with all individuals in the community during the upcoming weeks. Please stay tuned for further details in the future.
- All staff are continuing to provide collaborative and transitional services diligently to members. Staff will remain in contact with their clients via phone/text with increased frequency during this time so that they may continue to assist them with their needs.
- If clients need to contact their provider, they should contact the cell phone number for that staff, the office phone associated with that staff, or by contacting general Care Coordination at 716-373-0980.
- Community Programs are continuing to accept new referrals at this time and will process them in a manner that is safe but efficient.
SPOA Committee meetings will still be held as scheduled, however all business will be handled through phone and web conferences.
Community Team Meetings will also be held via phone and web conferencing and all members of these meetings will receive invites to the meetings.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time of increased caution. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the individuals listed below:
Mary O’Leary, DCS Director email@example.com 716-701-3294
Amy Mann, Clinic Director firstname.lastname@example.org 716-701-3323
Meghan Springer, PROS Director email@example.com 716-373-8080 x5208
Melissa Ball, Community Programs Director firstname.lastname@example.org 716-373-0980 x5401
Locations to Serve You
Olean Counseling Center: Olean County Building, 1 Leo Moss Drive, Suite 4308, Olean, NY 14760. Phone 716-373-8040; Fax 716-701-3729.
Salamanca Counseling Center: 117 1/2 Main Street, Salamanca, NY 14779. Phone 716-945-5211; Fax 716-945-5267.
North County Counseling Center: Stone House - Third Floor, 9824 Route 16, Machias, NY 14101. Phone 716-353-8241; Fax 716-353-8617.
Foundations for Change, Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS): Niagara Mohawk Building, 203 Laurens Street, Olean, NY 14760. Phone 716-373-8080; Fax 716-373-8093
Counseling services also available at Olean Medical Group, Council on Addiction Recovery Services, Inc. (CAReS), and some public schools. Phone: 716-373-8040 for more information.
Health Home Care Coordination, Care Management and SPOA (Single Point of Access) for Children and Adults: 212 Laurens Street, Olean, NY 14760. Phone 716-373-0980; Fax 716-372-2965
Services and Programs:
Care Management and Care Coordinator Services
Forensic Counseling Services
Personalized Recovery Oriented Services
Psychiatric Service and Medication Management
Single Point of Access (SPOA) for Cattaraugus County