Season opens November 13, 2018
The Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging will be assisting individuals age 60 and over with HEAP applications. Senior citizens in Cattaraugus County who received a regular HEAP benefit last HEAP season will receive an application by mail this year.
Maximum income eligibility guidelines are $2,391 per month for a household of one, and $3,127 for a two-person household. Higher income limits exist for larger households.
The Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging encourages individuals to continue making payments to their utility companies. HEAP benefits are not intended to replace regular utility payments. HEAP credits can take over three months to appear on utility bills.
The Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement (HERR)program component will open November 5, 2018.
Emergency HEAP benefitswill open on January 2, 2019. Those wishing to apply should call the Department of the Aging to discuss eligibility and documentation requirements.
Senior citizens who have questions about HEAP are encouraged to call the Department of the Aging. Extra assistance with completing the application is available by scheduling an appointment at the main office, or by visiting one of the outreach sites listed below.
This season's HEAP outreach schedule is as follows:
- Yorkshire Corners Apartments, 11/14/2018 and 1/03/2019 - 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Delevan SWAN site, 11/14/2018 and 1/03/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Cattaraugus SWAN site, 11/13/2018 and 1/10/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Salamanca Senior Citizens' Club, 11/16/2018 and 1/11/2019 - 12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- West Valley SWAN site, 11/15/2018 and 1/17/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Allegany SWAN site, 11/20/2018 and 1/15/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Olean SWAN site, 11/27/2018 and 1/22/2019 - 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Brookside Apartments, 11/27/2018 and 1/22/2019 - 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Franklinville SWAN site, 12/06/2018 and 2/14/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- South Dayton SWAN site, 12/11/2018 and 2/12/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Allegany 60+ Club, 12/04/2018 and 2/26/2019 - 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Gowanda SWAN site, 12/13/2018 and 2/07/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Portville SWAN site, 12/18/2018 and 2/19/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Little Valley Town Hall, 12/19/2018 and 2/20/2019 - 11:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
- Randolph SWAN site, 12/27/2018 and 2/21/2019 - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Department of the Aging main office (by appointment): 716-373-8032 or 1-800-462-2901
The above HEAP outreach schedule is subject to change without notice.
For more information about HEAP, or for information regarding any other services available for seniors, please call the Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging at 716-373-8032 or 1-800-462-2901.