Cattaraugus County will and will cause its contractors and subcontractors to take good faith actions to achieve the Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise (M&WBE) contract participation goals set by the State for that area in which the State-funded project is located, by taking the following steps:
- Actively and affirmatively solicit bids for contracts and subcontracts from qualified State certified MBEs or WBEs, including solicitations to M&WBE contractor associations.
- Request a list of State-certified M&WBEs from Agencies and solicit bids from them directly.
- Ensure that plans, specifications, request for proposals and other documents used to secure bids will be made available in sufficient time for review by prospective M&WBEs.
- Where feasible, divide the work into smaller portions to enhanced participations by M&WBEs and encourage the formation of joint venture and other partnerships among M&WBE contractors to enhance their participation.
- Document and maintain records of bid solicitation, including those to M&WBEs and the results thereof. Contractor will also maintain records of actions that its subcontractors have taken toward meeting M&WBE contract participation goals.
- Ensure that progress payments to M&WBEs are made on a timely basis so that undue financial hardship is avoided, and that bonding and other credit requirements are waived or appropriate alternatives developed to encourage M&WBE participation.
Signed by Howard V. VanRensselaer, Chairman of the Cattaraugus County Legislature
Authorized by Act 470-2021 of the Cattaraugus County Legislature on December 13, 2021.