At the One Stop Career Center we have a comprehensive Resource Room for job seekers use. You can research local jobs, careers, scholarships, and labor market information at your own pace, on your own. One Stop staff are on site to answer questions you may have.
Some of the many resources available are:
- Computers for writing resumes and cover letters.
- Internet access for job search on-line.
- Job announcements posted and updated regularly.
- Assistance of One Stop staff.
- Labor market information.
- Vast resource library.
At the One Stop Career Center we offer an array of workshops for the job seeker. Following is a list of those workshops offered at this time, with more to come, so check back often!
- Orientation to the One Stop
- Career Planning Workshop
- Starting the Job Search / Effective Interviewing
- Resume Workshop and Cover Letter Workshop
- Computer Tutor
- Basic Skills Assessment
- Computer Workshop for Beginners
- ACCESS VR Information Sessions
- HSED Studies
Online Jobs Resources
There are many online resources that may help you in your job search and career development process. View our listing of jobs websites.
Training Room / PC Lab
Available for training sessions or for individual career exploration and job search, our PC Lab / Training Room is available to businesses or individuals. With a large seating area, an extensive resource library, an overhead PC projector for Power Point presentations, the Training Room is equipped for group training or individual learning sessions. Our skilled Career Center staff can get you started or assist you more in depth, depending on your needs. We have for your use, internet ready PC's equipped with regularly updated software useful in:
- Career Discovery and Exploration
- Resume Writing
- Typing instruction
- Job Search
- Office Skills training and evaluation
- WIOA and employer information
Please contact Cindy Kifer at 716-373-1880 ext. 261, for availability and reservation.
Basic Skills Assessment
Our fully trained One Stop staff offers FREE Basic Skills assessment testing (TABE test) to let you and potential employers know what areas you may be strong in (or what areas may need brushing up). Many local employers now require TABE testing prior to consideration for employment. Make sure you allow yourself at least one hour for this assessment. Please call for more information and to sign up for this valuable service.