Skip to main content

Probation Department. Director Michael Sharbaugh. Promoting safe and peaceful communities throughout Catt. Co.

If you have been the victim of domestic violence, including Harassment, Menacing, Stalking, Assault, Criminal Mischief, Reckless Endangerment, or Sexual Abuse, you may be able to obtain an Order of Protection without filing criminal charges.

If you are a resident of Cattaraugus County, or if the offense occurred within Cattaraugus County; and you are related by blood or marriage, are or have been married to, are living or have lived with, or have children in common with your abuser, you may be able to file a Family Offense Petition in Cattaraugus County Family Court, requesting an Order of Protection. 

In order to start the process, please call the 24-hour Victim Services Hotline: 1-888-945-3970

You may pursue either a "stay-away" Order of Protection, prohibiting your abuser from any contact with you; or a "refrain-from" Order of Protection, allowing contact, but prohibiting any offensive conduct toward you. 

Assistance, including safety planning, emergency shelters, court advocates, or advice and counseling, is available through Connecting Communities in Action

As always, in any emergency situation, please dial 911.