Skip to main content

Mobile home parks in Cattaraugus County require inspection and a "Permit to Operate" issued by the Health Department.  This applies to parks maintained for the placement of five or more mobile homes and where the owner/operator receives compensation for the use of the mobile home lots.  Each park is inspected annually for compliance with the "NYS Sanitary Code - Part 17: Mobile Home Parks."

Due to the number of residents served, mobile home park water systems are considered "Public Water Supplies" unless connected to a municipal water system.  Most park sewage disposal systems will also require a State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) permit for their wastewater discharges, as required by NYS Department of Environmental Conservation regulations.

If you intend to operate a mobile home park in Cattaraugus County, please contact the Environmental Health Division.  Review and approval of engineering plans for the park is required before construction to ensure that the proposal will meet all Sanitary Code requirements.

Forms & Links

Applications & Information for a Health Department "Permit to Operate"

Environmental Health Services Fees

Catt. County is an Accredited Health Department by the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB)