The Cattaraugus County Office of Emergency Services, in conjunction with New York State (NYS) Office of Fire Prevention and Control, offers several fire service training programs each year. These classes are taught by NYS-certified "State Fire Instructors" (SFIs) and are offered at fire departments throughout the county.
Before Signing Up for NYS Fire Training, you must first create an account (if you haven't already) and then login to the LMS Portal at:
Available NYS OFPC Fire Training Courses in Catt County:
Signups online at the LMS portal link above.
<<None at this time>>
Available Misc. Training Courses:
All CPR Training Available in Cattaraugus County: https://cattco.enrollware.com/
Available Local Fire Training Courses:
<<None at this time>>
If you have difficulty registering online, please call the Emergency Services Office at (716) 938-2213.
Some of the classes typically offered in Cattaraugus County on an annual basis include:
- Basic Exterior Firefighting Operations (BEFO)
- Prerequisite for continuing on to IFO
- Interior Firefighting Operations (IFO)
- Can be taken only after completing (or bridging to) the current version of BEFO
- Hazardous Materials 1st Responder Awareness and Operations
- Pump Operator
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
- Traffic Incident Management System (TIMS) and Highway Safety
Other classes offered in Cattaraugus County regularly but less than annually:
- NFA Incident Safety Officer
- Aerial Devices
- Fire Officer 1
- Rescue Technician - Basic
- NYS DEC Wildland Search and Rescue
- NYS DEC Basic Wildland Fire Suppression
- Water Supply Operations
Additional classes are offered at the NYS Fire Training Academy in Montour Falls, NY. Click here to go to the State Fire website for more information.
Want to request a fire training course? Have your Fire Chief contact the Deputy Fire Coordinator for your respective county fire district. All training requests are made in that manner. Then, trainings are scheduled based on requests and the availability of our local State Fire Instructors.
Want to request your NYS fire training record? Download and complete this form: NYS OFPC LMS Transcript Request
For more information about Fire Training in New York, please click here to visit the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control's website