Municipalities in Cattaraugus County can apply for up to $5,000 in grant funds to help improve the beauty of your community's center.
Cattaraugus County Department of Economic Development, Planning and Tourism is interested in working with communities that recognize and value the importance of improving and preserving their unique rural heritage and aesthetic character, but lack ample or sufficient capacity to act on it.
The Community Revitalization Fund can help you improve your community to preserve the charm and beauty that are "Naturally Yours to Enjoy."
The purpose of the Cattaraugus County Community Revitalization Fund is to:
- Assist our rural communities in improving and preserving the unique community character, heritage, and beauty of their community centers.
- Provide an incentive for communities to initiate new or expand upon existing downtown revitalization or community beautification efforts.
- Encourage community leaders to develop a "vision" for their community.
- Build local capacity through training, sharing information, and development of a plan to sustain the local vision.
- Encourage long-term community stewardship.
How to Apply
It is recommended for any community contemplating applying for these funds to contact the Cattaraugus County Department of Economic Development, Planning and Tourism to discuss your project idea prior to completing an application. Please contact:
Kate O'Stricker | 716-938-2320 | Contact Us Form
To view the funds application criteria
Community Destination Development Assessments and Workshops
Smart Development for Quality Communities Series Guidebooks for Catt. County