For more information please contact the Resource Coordinator at (716) 373-8050 ext. 3416 or complete the form below.
What is the Children and Youth with Special Healthcare Needs (CYSHCN) Program?
Families with physically disabled, cognitively challenged, or chronically ill children often need a wide range of services to meet their child's special needs.
Your child may be eligible if:
- He/She lives in Cattaraugus County, and is under 21 years of age.
- He/She has a serious or chronic medical, physical, or developmental condition
- He/She is uninsured or under-insured.
How can the CYSHCN Program help?
- We can link you with affordable health care.
- We can connect you with community programs.
- We can answer questions about how to meet your child's needs.
What is the Physically Handicapped Children's Program (PHCP)?
Do you need financial assistance?
There is financial help available through our Physically Handicapped Children's Program (PHCP). PHCP helps to pay the medical bills of a child with a special medical need.
Your family may be eligible if:
- Your child lives in Cattaraugus County, and is under 21 years of age.
- Your child has a serious or chronic medical, physical, or developmental condition
- Your family meets the income eligibility requirements. A family of four can make up to $60,625!
Examples of conditions that are considered to be serious or chronic include but are not limited to:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cleft palate
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hearing loss
- Heart defects
- Muscular dystrophy
- Orthopedic conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Seizure disorder
- Spina bifida
CYSHCN also offers an Orthodontic Program...
Many insurance companies do not cover the cost of the braces or other orthodontic services. Your child may qualify if:
- Orthodontic services are not covered under the family's health insurance plan.
- He/She has been approved by the NYS Department of Dental Health for services.
- Your family meets the financial eligibility requirements.
This is a low-cost program. Families are asked to pay a monthly co-pay based on financial need.
For referrals, questions, or information, please contact: