Skip to main content

WIC logo

WIC - The Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children

  • Provides nutrition education.
  • Provides specific nutritious foods to participants.
  • Coordinates other services for participants as appropriate.
  • Breastfeeding assistance from Peer Counselors, Certified Lactation Counselors, and provides breast pumps.

Am I Eligible?

Find out if you are eligible

How do I apply?

Qualifying for WIC is easier than you think. You may even qualify if you are not a legal resident, not a US citizen, or if you or someone in your household is working. Learn more about applying today.

Approved Foods

There are thousands of WIC approved foods.

Finding WIC approved foods is easier than you think. Just follow this simple guide to find the foods that are eligible for purchase with your WIC benefits.

WIC Approved Products

WIC Approved Vendors Cattaraugus County

For more on WIC, see the New York State WIC Program 

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement and NYS WIC Complaint Information

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

For other complaints or to request a Fair Hearing contact:

  1. Mail: WIC Program Director, NYSDOH Riverview Center, 150 Broadway, 6th Floor, Albany, NY 12204
  2. Phone: (518) 402-7093; fax (518) 402-7348; or

Contact Us About the WIC Program

Learn how to contact WIC staff with your questions.

Catt. County is an Accredited Health Department by the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB)